A Study of God Part 1
With any study of a book or a subject, you have to always start at the beginning. It is no different with the Bible. Now God being God, puts, in the beginning, a first verse that is so loaded with information, that it can literally take a lifetime to work through its narrative.
So, you ready to dig in:
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. There are a few things to note with this verse.
- There was a beginning, thus the universe is not eternal.
- There is a God at this beginning, but he is outside of the beginning
- This God is the creator of everything, thus we have an origin for everything
- There are two distinct properties in this creation, a heaven space and an earth space.
- This verse contains Time, Space, Matter, Energy, a scientific formulation of reality and beginnings.
Probably the most fundamental question that rises out of this verse is, who is this God that is spoken of?
If He is the creator of everything, It is a big deal and we have to find out who He is, because, this is the God we need to bow down to.
The study of God is a thought-provoking journey because this is the only truth that is stable, cannot be disproved, and is the only reality that will never change no matter what we think, say or believe. This is what IntoTruth is about. We are seeking the truth – which is everything about God.
I leave you with these two verses that form the basis of IntoTruth.
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know THE TRUTH, and THE TRUTH shall make you free.
Over the next couple of weeks, we are going on a to discover, and for some rediscover, our Creator, our King, our God, and our Faith
Love in Christ