If Satan could read a man’s mind he would have been able to read the mind of the man Jesus, and it would have made the whole temptation in the wilderness a farce. He would not even have started the temptation because he would have already known what Jesus was thinking.
Furthermore, every time the man Jesus came in contact with demons, they knew who he was but not what he was doing.
(23) And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,
(24) Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
If these spirits could read the mind of a man, they would not have had to ask Jesus if he came to destroy them. Other than that, there is no scriptural evidence anywhere in the Bible that suggests that Satan or the demons ever read or knew the mind of a man.
Scripture is clear though that God know the minds of men. His spirit searches the deep things of man. We can safely say that Satan can read our expressions, attitudes and body language. It is not difficult to see when a man cannot keep his eyes of a woman. It is not difficult to see when a man is boiling in anger. These signs Satan can read and use to do his evil work.
James 1:14 says that evil desires come from the heart of a man, not from Satan. Suppose I am going to steal something, Satan does not know what I am going to do. He just sees me going to a shop. I might have given signs that I want something badly and I do not have money for it, but he still does not know I am actually going to steal it. When I walk into the shop my nerves start twitching, my eyes starts darting, I look around alot, all things that I would not usually do in a shop. Satan immediately sees what I am planning. Now he will tempt me with how great it will be to have this thing.
Also we know certain people very well. I know what they like, what their weaknesses are and what they will do if I act in a certain way. This however does not mean I can read their mind. Similarly, Satan and the demons know us very well, but that does not mean they can read our minds.
Lastly, as a child of God, I leave you with this scripture, the emphasis is added to bring home what an awesome God we Serve:
(4) Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
(5) Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;
(6) do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
(7) And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS.
God himself Guards our minds, I do not think Satan will try to mess with God at the gates of our minds.